Thursday, January 12, 2017

Mr. B stopped at a buddy's house to enjoy a beverage men seem to like to drink together. Another buddy was there and they got to talking about his wife's upcoming knee replacement. Mr. B gave him the joking good luck on the next couple of weeks comment.
The guy replied that he's not worried. The last one she had a couple of months ago was a walk in the park. He went on to say his wife isn't whiny like Mr. B's.
At first, I was angry for being called whiny. Everyone I know who has had a knee replacement would not call it a walk in the park. But then, I started to feel bad for his wife. I remember her telling me that yes it hurts and there will be some bad days, but just take it one day at a time.
If her husband thinks this is going to be easy for her, then obviously they don't have the open communication Mr. B and I do. Every day he asked how I'm doing. And he listens to my answer. He'll ask my pain level on a scale from 1 to 10. I think that helped him understand where I was most of all.
So, okay. I have been whiny(especially the last few days). In a bit of my defense, this week my father and step-mother's death weigh heavily on my mind. Yes, I've been airing it out here on my blog. But, things will get better, and soon you will be reading about funny things that happened with Mr. B or something new I've been working on.
Have a wonderful day. Middle son is picking me up for PT soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment