Friday, January 31, 2014

Happy Friday!
What a week. Book #4-Leo's Pet and Book #5-Commander's Spitfire were accepted by Siren Publishing. I also wrote a free featured story you and that was accepted.

So, back to my tale. Yes, you read it right. I wrote everything in secret. I didn't want anyone to know if I failed. But, I have been married many years and the hubby knew something was up. Under many hours of torture I finally broke and told him. Nahhhh, He asked what I was doing and I told him.
Like a good hubby he supported and listened and gave opinions. But I knew if it failed he was preparing for the fall out.
After I finished writing I needed someone to check for punctuation and spelling. This is a challenge because I live in the middle of nowhere. You also have to realize the people around here are very straight laced and have very ridged views. Including my family.
I ended up approaching a dear friend who edits papers for professors and students. She agreed to help me. After she read my first very racy story, I think she had to go to church twice that week. But she has made it through all five books like a trouper. I still don't have anyone to critique by books.
Anyway, now it was time to follow the rules of submission for the publishing company and send it in. Alright, more next time.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment