Tuesday, February 13, 2018

A few months ago I attended a writing workshop. My intentions were to acquire techniques to improve my daily word count. I manage about 1000 words a day. I need more like 3000. Their advice was to just write and don't stop. That the words would come.
The way I write is to imagine myself in the characters place. I write about 45 minutes and walk around a bit to think about the plot, and then go back to create the world.
So, I tried the workshop instructors advice. And now I'm waiting for final edits to come back so I can improve this book.
I will continue to attend workshops. It's fun to talk with other writers. I have to be careful. Most attending these events haven't published anything. I've found they're big into research and can't seem to get to the writing part. When I admit I've published over 40 books, they are curious about the process but a bit resentful. But by the end of the session, they find I'm just like everyone else. Which is struggling to create a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment