Tuesday, November 7, 2017

I tend to stay in my own little world. It's enough for me to try and create my stories in a timely manner. I don't have a lot of time for reading. I'll read Stormy Glenn and Dani Gray. They tend to peak my interest when they describe what they are working on. So I beg them to send me a copy. I've been reading a book by Diana Gabaldon for over a year now. I usually open it when I'm at a doctor's appointment or camping with no wifi.
Stormy pulls me out of my comfort zone by urging me to write for ManLove fantasies. I'm also on fb quite a bit. Which brings me the point of this commentary.
The latest dust up on blogs and fb. Apparently there is a bit of to do about who writes MM stories. It seems it doesn't matter if you can create a story people enjoy. What matters most is if you are male or female doing the writing.
Now, I wouldn't have even brought it up, but I had a discussion with an author the other day about his books. They were intriguing and I mentioned I would like to read a few that caught my eye. He commented that his books might not proceed the way I'd like them to as he is a male and writes how a male would react in certain situations. The edge of his tone had me backing off. And it got me to thinking. (for all of ten seconds)
I write fiction. That's all I have to say on the subject.
Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment