Friday, March 4, 2016

Happy Friday, the weekend is almost here!
I received a flurry of messages today about a huge pirate site that is illegally selling my books. I checked it out and couldn't make heads or tails out of it because it was written in Spanish. I did see my books and the creator had the audacity to put the Battle Bunnies banner up on the site.

I humbly ask you, readers, not to buy from any web sight that isn't a legitimate publishing company. Pirate sites steal from authors. We put our hearts and souls into these stories and a pirate site sells them and we see no royalties. Its stealing, plain and simple.

I actually pay a company to scan the internet and issue take down orders to these pirate sites.  I shouldn't have to do it, but I do. Writing for me as with others is not just an enjoyable hobby. Its how we pay the light bill and buy food. These sites endanger my paying my bills. I know of some authors that threaten to quite publishing there work. Why work so hard only for someone to take all our earnings away with a press of a button.

Yes, I'm a bit upset today, as are a lot of other authors. The internet has been good to me, but it also is a place where people take advantage of others.

Enough bads. 

We have the weekend in front of us and I'm going to make an effort to get Carson's story in to Siren next week. This will be a Rescue for Hire West 5.

Have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are having problems with pirates, that's just not right. I am excited to see that your adding to the Rescue for Hire West books, I so can't wait to devour I mean read them. I love the characters in both the Rescue for Hire Series of books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Teena. Flyer's story is coming out this week. I am trying to finish up Isaiah's story and send it in this week.

    ReplyDelete