Thursday, December 10, 2015

On the tenth day of December my true love gave to me.....
Never Too Old To Live Again - Luberia Mai 1  http://www.bookstrand.com/never-too-old-to-live-again


Opening his eyes, Todd recognized the chipped powder-blue ceiling of his bedroom. Under his back he felt the soft, cool, Egyptian cotton sheet he had put on the bed yesterday. Beneath his head wasn’t the firm pillow he preferred, but a hard shoulder and arm, which extended around his own shoulders. A large hand was cupping his upper arm, rubbing it soothingly. Yep, that was working—not.

Todd could see his captor’s heavily muscled arm, with a black metal bracelet encircling its wrist, lying across his waist. A thick leg, lightly covered with a dusting of brown hairs, was bent at the knee, pinning both of Todd’s much smaller legs to the mattress. If preventing Todd from moving was the objective of whoever had him pinned down, the guy was totally successful.

“What are you doing?” he asked. Todd knew at this point he couldn’t get away. Trying to fight would only get him hurt and wear him out. Was he going to make a break for it when the opportunity presented itself? Of course he was. But for now he had to play it smart.

The man snorted. “You know damn well. I’m holding you.”

“Why?”

“Because if I didn’t, you might try to punch or kick me,” the gorgeous man explained. “Maybe even attempt some of those Middle Eastern moves that have become so popular. But I’m thinking a smart man like you would try something dirty, like poking my eyes out or some other kind of nonsense.”

Crap, he hadn’t thought of that. Angling his head he looked up, right into light brown eyes that had a gold hue all around the outside. They were unusual and beautiful, and they seemed to penetrate Todd’s soul. All thoughts of trying to hurt the man left his brain. Now his body was reacting to something that had his cock filling and his skin aching to be touched, stroked, and immersed in the other man’s essence.

“What the hell is that?” Todd asked.

“The mating bond,” the man answered.

“What the hell is that?” Todd was getting frustrated by the man’s answers, and his own body’s reactions were starting to scare him. It was all he could do not to start running his hands over the man’s body and explore all the secrets of those muscles covered with golden skin. Even more he felt like he was compelled to rub his naked body all over the man, enveloping himself in the stranger’s delicious smell.

“When a paranormal meets his or her mate, it’s the ties that will bind them together for eternity. It’s different for everybody. Shifters can tell a mate by their smell. Fairies have to touch skin to skin. I’m not sure about vampires. They’re a secretive bunch and not very friendly. I think witches just have to say some kind of incantation and their mate appears.”

Todd couldn’t believe how the man just described beings from fantasies like he was talking about the weather.

“You do realize that if I hadn’t just had a cougar lying half on top of me turn into a man I’d think you were delusional,” Todd continued. “Now that I think about it, this could all be a weird psychotic dream and I’m really lying on my front yard, unconscious from dehydration, or maybe I got hit on the head or something.”

Todd would have desperately felt around the top of his head for any sign of a bump, if his hands weren’t trapped under the gorgeous man’s arm and shoulder. “I know what it is,” he said. “I’ll bet an aneurism just blew up in my brain.”

The big man above him smiled, causing Todd’s heart to stutter. Maybe being brain dead wouldn’t be all that bad if it included the hot, muscled stud that was currently shifting around so he was now totally blanketing Todd’s body. As heavy as the guy was, Todd still enjoyed the feel of the substantial weight covering him.

“You’re not injured or delusional. You said so yourself. For some reason you were drawn back to this neighborhood. That was the bond between us, demanding that you come back here to me.”

“What do you mean I’ve come back to you? Have I met you before? How would I know you were here?” Todd asked. He was sure he would have remembered someone this hot if he had met him before.
 
“When you lived here as a child, I was your next-door neighbor,” the man answered.

“No way,” Todd exclaimed. “Old Lady Mildred lived on one side and the Crabby Bastard lived on the other,” Todd continued. “I would’ve remembered.”

“My name is Stephan Analdo,” Stephan stated.

Todd stared at Stephan Analdo. Mr. Analdo, aka the Crabby Bastard. But the Mr. Analdo he remembered wore baggy clothes and had a long gray beard. He also had always worn a tan floppy hat and carried a dark wooden cane. The man currently making his heart race for many different reasons was in his midthirties, had thick, beautiful, shiny brown hair, and was so muscled that he looked like he could lift a truck with one hand.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment