Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A thought for a new story came to me yesterday. I ended up running to the computer to quick type it down. The premise is: What if you woke up and you didn't know the person beside you. You didn't remember anything and couldn't talk. Of course, I thought of a juicy twist for the story. I'm not sure if it will ever get done, but it's started.
Here are the first few paragraphs.


The mind is a wonderful organ. No, that isn’t right. The mind is a horrible, evil, trickster, who controls you. Some tell you that you can take control of your habits, and change your ways. I don’t believe that. I believe that at times the mind lets you do what you think is best, but in the end, it is still in control.

Micah Cassin sat in the beautiful rocker of aged teak handcrafted by a master craftsman. He knew this because Jameson had described in great detail every piece of furniture in the room. Micah only cared that the soft cream cushion hugged his body, and when he closed his eyes and let the chair move effortlessly back and forth, he no longer was awash in the tidal wave of confusion.  
Earlier in the day, Jameson had handed him an unused purple notebook and said, “Maybe it would help if you wrote your thoughts down. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t make sense to anyone else. You are the only one to see those words unless you chose to show them to someone.”
Today is a day to go and vote in our area. Mr. B is home, so I get easily distracted from writing. But I have things I want to get done. That to-do list needs to be shortened. Have a wonderful day.



No comments:

Post a Comment