Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving! It's turkey day in the U.S. A. A day filled with mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy. Of course there's also pumpkin pie and cherry, and blueberry, and apple. Now I've made myself hungry.
Today is also the day we pour over the advertisements to get ready for the big shopping day tomorrow. In the past years I've gotten up at 2 a.m. to make it to the store when it opens and get the certain item.
In the middle of Turkey day and getting together with family, we are having some weather issues. First rain, then ice, and finally snow.
 Oh, and the big deal in this part of the country is the Packers/Bears football game playing tonight. They are retiring Brett Favres number today. The most special part of it all is Bart Starr is in town and will be honored. The great quarterback has had serious health issues and this may be his last visit to Lambeau Field.
I wish all of you in every country a happy day of thanks. I try to be thankful for the gifts given to me everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment